Nowadays, we don’t need a high-functional camera to make a video. A smartphone is enough. But with a smartphone, the video quality can never be up to our satisfaction. To turn a normal video captured with a smartphone into a masterpiece, AppStore brings tons of excellent video editing apps for iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices. You will find thousands of filters that even help you make a short film just with your high-resolution iOS device. You can add music and customize many other functions of a simple video. So, whether it is for a professional reason or to capture your happy moments, you can use these video editors and boost your creativity.
Best Video Editing Apps for iPhone, iPad & Mac
After testing a considerable number of video editing apps for iPhone, iPad, and Mac, we were nearly disappointed. Most of the apps work too slow, and the number of filters was very few. Likewise, there were some apps that decreased the original resolution.
In contrast, we found some gems too. Here, we made a list of the 10 best video editing apps both for iOS and macOS. We have added some brief descriptions of those apps. If you check them thoroughly, you will definitely find the most appropriate app for your needs.
1. Videoshop – Video Editor
In this super-fast video editing app for iOS, you can generate Claymation videos with the help of stop motion recording. There are very few apps like Videoshop that give snippets the ability to put expressions in a bite-sized video.
- This app offers the Ken Burns effect, where you can add movement and focus on any specific area of your photos or videos.
- There are options where you can sing and dub your favorite song with Lip Sync.
- You can flip, rotate, and make dual versions of your video clips.
- With this app, you will be able to playback your videos in reverse and resize within the video frame.
- You can share your editing on any online platform like Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, Dropbox, WhatsApp, or in Email, and there you can add stickers to have fun.
Pros: This app supports Distort, where you can apply illusionary effects. It will also let you change the brightness, saturation, contrast, and overall adjust the display on your own.
Cons: The quality of your videos may crash if you use it from another platform.
- In this app, you can use and browse media from GNARBOX, Photos, Frame.io, WD Wireless, etc.
- There are 6 audio tracks and 6 additional tracks for graphics, narration, sound effects.
- Editing options include color correction blur, chroma-key, distort, and more.
- This app lets you control the time-lapse smoothly, whether fast or slow.
- You can share your videos with the same quality resolution, format, and compression.
Pros: This app lets you make multilayer titles, images, shapes, colors, font, and you can save them as presets. Plus, you can add and edit background music, audio filters, dual-mono audio captures.
Cons: Long videos may work a little slower and take more time to proceed than usual.
3. VivaVideo – Video Maker & Editor
- You can mix several videos or images to make an interesting collage.
- When you need to cut out any part of the video, it is easy with this app, and the precision is about 0.1 seconds.
- This app can scale the background ratio and change the background effect.
- It can split the videos into four, six, or nine grids.
- Here you will be able to adjust the contrast, brightness, vignetting, hue of the video.
Pros: A whole library is full of aesthetic filters that can add more charm to your editing. Also, you can extract music from other videos and add them to yours.
Cons: Some complaint was found about the unavoidable watermark.
4. Magisto Video Editor & Maker
- In this app, you can use ready-made templates for any events such as Birthday wishes, Announcements, Anniversary, and so on.
- With advanced technology, you will find the option to cut, trim, merge, or reorder your clips.
- There will be a rich customization option available like adding text, changing orientation, opting for fonts, and applying different colors.
- You can share your creation on any social media platform, messaging apps, or email.
- The app will let you put a theme that matches the vibe, and you can select music from a commercially licensed song library.
Pros: In the premium version, you will find more than 3 million full HD iStock photos and video clips. Plus, there will be password-protected links, cloud storage that will keep your data safe, and backups of your editing footage.
Cons: Be sure when unsubscribing this app as the cancellation process is a bit complex.
5. Filmmaker Pro – Video Editor
- There will be 39 professional transition options along with the volume synthesize option.
- You can duplicate, trim, or split your video clips.
- 79 classic fonts will be available with the ability to curve text up to 360 to -360 degrees.
- You will find 30 expertly crafted filters along with photo motion and chroma key.
- With a reverse tool, you can inverse your captured video, and the audiometer will help to assist voiceovers.
Pros: You will find around 15 movie fonts inspired by a famous Hollywood blockbuster, and it is loaded with 16 excellent script styles with 26 types of retro style fonts.
6. Adobe Premiere Rush for Video
This multifunctional video editing software for Mac and other Apple devices is free of cost to access. The responsiveness of this app will amaze you and will keep you drawn to it. It also includes advanced sharing facilities within the app interface.
- It uses the same editing engine that most of the professionals use on their huge studio systems.
- You can get pro-quality video footage by using your phone’s camera.
- It includes all the necessary tools for editing and rearranging any video files.
- It allows users to combine multiple video clips and use them on multiple time slots.
- This app integrates more than 100 different soundtracks, animation effects, and sound effects.
- You will like its simple tools, and built-in presets for color fixing.
Pros: This app integrates advanced audio editing functions for better overall output. You will enjoy its various templates for quick editing works.
Cons: Some users found the operations too overwhelming for them.
7. Splice – Video Editor & Maker
You will have all the essential tools for video making and editing. This app offers a very simple and modern app ecosystem. It’s materialistic and colorful app interface makes it even more appealing to potential users.
- It allows the smart cut and split facilities for collecting the favorite footage from the video files.
- Users can add audio effects, soundtracks, and music in their videos.
- It includes a ton of presets and templates that users can use to quickly edit and share the files over numerous social platforms.
- This app integrates advanced files saving facilities and supports conversation in multiple formats.
- It allows the users to create slow-motion video clips, and users can alter speed effects within the videos.
- Users can make professional-grade slideshows by using ready to use templates and supportive tools.
Pros: This app lets you add overlays and texts within the videos.
Cons: Some users rarely found random data corruption issues.
8. Quik – GoPro Video Editor
You can manually adjust the layout and highlight the best footage in this app. Also, you will get tons of interesting and fun emojis, and stickers are there to add. The unique attributes of this app will surely encourage you to get it on your iPhone.
- You can add more than 200 photos and videos, even live photos.
- There are 26 themes with graphics and transitions for any occasion.
- Up to 100 songs totally free from iTunes or import from the iCloud drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
- Customizing options include trim, reorder, rotation, zoom, speed up, or Slo-Mo, and the options are countless.
- Format in portrait, cinema, and square style and share to Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, or any media.
Pros: This app automatically makes Quick Stories with media shots for you. Plus, you can remember the sweet memories with ready to watch flashback videos.
Cons: When making the slideshows, you may feel lacking in control over text appearance.
9. KineMaster – Video Editor
Adding background music, voiceovers, and sound effects are very easy here. Unlimited trimming and cropping in videos are possible too. You can share the videos through Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc. Also, you can make the video timing fast or slow. Enjoy the professional editing experience.
- To fix and enhance the color of your images or videos, you can use the adjustment tool of this app.
- A collection of filters will enrich your videos and make them more appealing.
- You can mix different modes to create your own effects.
- There is a Keyframe animation tool that brings the motion to layers.
- Other tools include volume envelope, and EQ presets, ducking, etc.
Pros: Besides Mac, this app is compatible with all other Apple devices. Second, reversing the videos is easy with this app.
10. Videoleap by Lightricks
You can simply adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, etc. Don’t forget to watch the mini-tutorials as the features are explained in detail there. Likewise, you can preview the works you have done already.
- There are a variety of effects, such as Prism, Colorfy, Defocus, Chromatic Aberration, Pixelate, etc.
- You can trim, mirror, split, and transform videos.
- Up to 100 sound effects will enhance your videos, and you can control the volume or use equalizer presets.
- This app has different fonts, shadows, emoji, color, blending, opacity, and more options.
- The aspect ratio will automatically adjust and fit the clips in this excellent video editing app for iPad.
Pros: Unique movie editing tools gives facilities like green screen, keyframe animations, blank, or colored canvas. You will also get the overlays and in-app stock footage.
Cons: You can’t export videos without saving them.
Finding the most appropriate video editing app for iOS from the mention list will be easier for you today. For general use on your iPhone or iPad, LumaFusion, Videoshop, and Viva Video will perform the best. If you want to try a highly functional one, then you should go for Adobe Premiere Rush, Spice, or Quip. And if you want to try it for Mac, then you should also try Adobe Premiere Rush or KineMaster. So, install whichever you want and make something great.
Videos are live memory. So, when you are having a great moment, you should store it on your device so that you can cherish the moment in the future. At the same time, we inspire you to enjoy the moment on your own. Don’t lose the opportunity to enjoy the moment while capturing it. Consequently, you can just use a tripod and set your device to capture the video while enjoying the moment.
It’s simple. And to make a simple video into something cinematic, you can use this app. So, share your masterpieces with us that you make with this video. That will inspire us to work hard for you. Thank you for your endless support.