In this busy world, we cannot take good care of our health, and as a consequence, we cannot maintain a healthy lifestyle. But we always have to remember that health is the most important wealth in our life. So, to lead a happy and healthy life, stay fit and active is a must. However, as we have to be busy nowadays, we often cannot regularly go to a gym. But thanks to the iOS app developers who have brought effective fitness apps for the iPhone and other Apple devices.
You can now use your smart device to learn about fitness routines, diet plans, and healthy habits. Some advanced fitness apps for iPhone even provide celebrities’ secret fitness guides and personalized diet plans with the exercise routine. All you have to do is to install an appropriate app and follow the guidelines properly. You are now on the right track if you are an iPhone user and looking for a health and fitness app.
Best Fitness Apps for iPhone
The AppStore is full of health and fitness apps for the iPhone and iPad. Most of them are paid apps, and when to check many of them, we just end up getting disappointed. The poor fitness guides and UI just seemed to be the worst part of those apps. But thanks to some of the real and effective fitness app designers.
We got some with brilliant UI, effective guidance, active calorie calculator, and so on. We have listed them in the list below and make one with the best 20 apps. Hopefully, you will find out the most appropriate one if you are looking for one.
At first, I love to start it by recommending a health app for iPhone that doesn’t just keep you stay but also keeps an eye on every single meal you take. Well, I am talking about MyFitnessPal, launched by Under Armour, Inc. This app will track all your healthy diets, food plans, and many more.
Besides, it will provide you all the necessary information you need for your healthy life. This covenant app is full of fitness tips and exercise plans. Let’s see what the special features of this app are.
- This app provides over 6 million foods in their database, and you’ll get to know everything about them.
- It also can give you recipe information and nutrition information on foods.
- You can create your own food plans, charts, meals, and many more.
- This app works as a great calorie counter. It will give you proper calculations of calories you are intaking with your foods.
- You can also set your goals here; you can see yourself in a proper maintenance life.
Pros: It is a complete hub for your fit lifestyle. This is one of those rare platforms where you find access to the premium-grade features for free.
Cons: Some users find it overwhelming, and some bugs might show up rarely.
2. Runkeeper- GPS Running Tracker
Runkeeper is another popular fitness app for iPhone that will track all your workout records. This help will help you a lot with tons of health and fitness information. You can track your exercise, set your goal, and see yourself achieving it.
If you want to track your running record, maintain your fitness, and live a healthy life, this app is just a perfect pick for you. Besides, this flexible app will guide you to lead a healthy lifestyle. The following info will describe it in detail.
- If you want to run more than before, set your goal. This app will show you the proper information for reaching it.
- You can do a recording of your activities like running, biking, walking, and many more.
- It will show your plan by setting a routine in this app.
- This app also provides in-app challenge exercises, participates in a virtual running group, and collects your rewards.
- You can also connect this app with other fitness apps like MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and many more.
Pros: It integrates listening to audio tracks while you workout or get active. You can manage your favorite tracks according to your routine and sync with Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
Cons: Some features require in-app purchases or shifting to paid subscriptions. Some users rarely faced sudden restarts without any reason.
3. Fitbod Workout & Fitness Plans
You can also try out this fitness app, Fitbod Workouts & Fitness Plans. This app will ensure you and guide you to maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle. This flexible app will provide you guidelines for your gym, healthy living, and many more.
It works like a personal fitness trainer that will provide you with effective fitness tips and exercise plans. Just follow all the instructions provided in this app and see your result. You’ll very soon realize how effective this fitness app can be.
- This app understands your training ability; it will help you by providing instructions for fitness equipment available to you.
- From this app, you will also get your rewards by reaching personal exercise records.
- It also shows your body temperature after working out and calories burning records.
- With your iOS device, you can see all your results and progress.
- As this app is designed with a well-balanced routine, all you need to do is follow everything and see your result.
Pros: This effective fitness app for Apple Watch offers both home and gym exercises, which are very effective in real life, along with the native sync ability to health apps, such as Apple Health.
Cons: Some users find it hard to follow. The subscription fees might seem costly to a group of consumers.
4. Fitness Point
Let’s check out another app that is widely known as the best free workout apps for iPhone. I am talking about Fitness Point by Zero One GmBH. This will be the best choice for fitness freak because there are over 230 different bodyweight exercises’ demo. So, you don’t have to go to the gym or anywhere from now on.
Just follow this app and try to maintain all the instructions. This app will work as your personal trainer as it records your improvement too. It will also help you to achieve your goal as you follow the directions provided here.
- In this app, you can set your goal. It will help you with losing weight and gaining muscle.
- You can see your workout result here and all the plans for reaching your goal.
- This handy fitness app will provide up to 4 different personal workout plans in a week.
- You can see the results of your past workout on the calendar and compare your improvement.
- All the workout plans are so different here. You can easily reach your desired body by following appropriate plans.
Pros: It is free to use and offers comprehensive goal-based plans for all types of users. You will like its advanced tracking system and health app-related facilities.
Cons: Some users do not like the premium subscription option. A few users faced some synchronizing-related issues with iCloud and other cloud storage.
5. Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
You can now make your fitness routine easier with another strict health app for iPhone, Strava. This flexible fitness app for iPhone will always track your run, ride, and swim to notify you how many calories you have burned. It’ll be your best fitness partner and tracker with tons of fitness tips and suggestions.
All the records of your running, cycling will be seen here too. This smart app can be your faithful fitness trainer only if you take a vow to follow it strictly. Check out the features to be more specific about this app and its effectiveness.
- You can challenge yourself through this app and reach your goal.
- All you need to do is turn on your GPS here, and you can join with millions of athletes.
- You can also track swimming, hiking, yoga, rock climbing, and many more.
- It is an amazing app for runners as it will count how many meters or kilometers you are going on. You can explore new places using the inbuilt map.
- All your records will be shown in a chart, and you can analyze your own performance.
Pros: This app is especially recommended for cyclists who want to keep track of their cycling history and burned calories.
Cons: Some users found inaccurate records and backup corruptions while synchronizing with 3rd party cloud storage services.
6. Fitocracy- Fitness Collective
Fitocracy can also be an amazing app for fitness lovers. This app can help you with reaching your fitness goal just at your home. To use this app and follow the instructions, you don’t need to go to a gym or have an instrument. It will teach you to exercise while staying at home and with just nothing.
This app will also make your every movement fun and motivates you to reach your goal. So, first, you have to set a goal of weight where you want to reach. The rest part of the instructions will be given by this app. And all you have to do is just to follow it.
- This is a life-changing app as it will guide you to reach your goal.
- You can easily gain your desired muscle or reach your aimed weight by using this app.
- It works like a game. It starts from level one, and the more you reach a higher level, the more you’ll get rewards.
- This app will also provide rearrange workouts, saved routines, and many more.
- You can also join with ever-growing communities to get more inspiration and also to inspire others too.
Pros: It offers very easy to arrange and progress-tracking facilities. This app is free to use and works smoothly on your daily iOS devices.
Cons: Some users faced occasional bugs within the app interface. You may rarely get inaccurate tracking records.
7. Fit Radio: Train Inspired
Working out becomes more interesting, especially when you listen to music then. I can recommend an amazing app; it is called Fit Radio. This app will help you increase your focus, and eventually, you’ll start liking this app. All the music in this app will remove your tiredness and keep you motivated. And you’ll enjoy working out without feeling tired. The following features will surely encourage you to get it on your daily devices.
- This app provides music that will increase your working out speed.
- You can select your pace here and run faster, reach your goal.
- Music is fun. All the songs are so energetic here; you won’t feel tired.
- It also provides over 100 chart-topping music for your working out.
- You can also challenge yourself with the routine created by the instructors.
Pros: This app works on Apple Watch and sync with other iOS devices. It also offers goal-based workout plans and programs with easy to understand presentations.
Cons: Some features require additional in-app purchases. You might face some minor technical bugs during regular use.
8. Nike Training Club
If an app can be your trainer while staying at home, what else you need to train yourself? I am talking about Nike Training Club. You can stay fit and do all types of workouts while staying at home. You don’t need to go to the gym. Available experts will guide you to reach your desired goal. Besides, you will get all the necessary fitness tips in this fitness app for Apple Watch. Let’s have a glimpse of some of its useful features in the following section.
- This app provides over 185 free workouts with experts. You don’t have to go outside.
- It also has beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. You can choose the level as your capability.
- All the workouts you can do by staying at home and time-based.
- It also provides Yoga flows for you and your family, and you can rest your brain too.
- You can challenge yourself anywhere in your home and reach your goal.
Pros: You will be happy to know it gives you access to its useful features without any cost. It works flawlessly on the Apple Watch. It syncs with supported devices and other apps without any issues.
Cons: It requires at least iOS 13.0 or later to run it properly. Some users found minor issues while synchronizing with the Apple Health app.
9. Amerifit Nutrition Tracker
Amerifit can help you in achieving these things. It can scan your food barcodes and can guide you to select healthy foods. This feature is very handy whenever you shop for your weekly or monthly groceries. It supports you as a personal health guide. This supportive fitness app for the iPhone will show you the nutrition facts of different food and meal packages. You can check out the features given below.
- This app will scan your food barcodes, and you’ll get to know what’s actually in your food.
- It also helps you know about products’ good and bad sides; it works like health experts.
- This app also has 50000 healthy recipes for your healthy diet, and you don’t need to be bothered about your food lifestyles.
- It will teach you to select the proper food which you actually need to live a healthy life.
- You can also lose your weight, as this app guides you through selecting what is best and what is to avoid.
Pros: This will help you follow your diet plans and know about different foods without any prior knowledge. The app interface is widely accessible with its comprehensive presentation.
Cons: Some users find it hard to use and face occasional lags in daily use.
10. C25K® 5K Trainer
You can also try another fitness guide app, C25K, to try something different regarding your fitness issue. This exciting health app for iPhone will train you and help you lose weight. It is an ideal app for first-time runners and also takes care of your health as well. You don’t need any fitness equipment to follow this app. Here, you just have to set your goal and run as much as you can. All the necessary fitness tips and diet plans are available here too.
- This app has both light and dark modes. And you can set the mode with just a few clicks.
- You can also map your running records here and see what you achieved and how you improve.
- It also provides time sessions, 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, and 8 weeks.
- You can also listen to your favorite music here and focus on running.
- This app will ensure you lose weight and get the perfect shape of your body by completing the session.
Pros: It offers easy instructions and comprehensive plans for any kind of user. You will like its advanced sharing options to popular social platforms.
Cons: You will have to subscribe to get access to some useful features. Some users found occasional loading issues while using the Apple Watch.
11. Fitbit: Health and Fitness
You can try Fitbit, a very popular health and fitness app for the iPhone. By using this app, you can take care of your day-to-day fitness. It connects you with friends and other people for inspiration. Useful articles, activity challenges, and expert advice are here for a better journey to a healthy life.
Also, you can keep away your stress with soothing tracks using this health app. Plus, you will get all sorts of health and fitness exercises with this app. Let’s see what the special facilities this app will provide are.
- This app counts every step you take, distance, climbed floors, burned calories, and even your active minutes.
- It measures the amount of nutrition you are getting from your food and helps you personalize your calorie routine.
- Audios and videos of workout sessions from popular brands can help you for better utilization of the time.
- Your sleeping time and routines are monitored here, and bedtime reminders can be set.
- Heart rate can also be calculated to check if your overall health is balanced.
Pros: From over 240 workout videos, you can choose the appropriate one for you to follow. It is known as the best free workout app for iPhones for its wide accessibility and all in one fitness tips.
Cons: You might face a problem in transferring all your data from your phone to the Apple Watch.
12. Centr, by Chris Hemsworth
You can now make your fitness routine easier with Centr, by Chris Hemsworth. Now, experts are ready to assist you. Now, don’t say that you don’t know who this Hemsworth is. However, no matter what age you are, you will find every guideline to reach your goal weight.
There are weekly plans, and new programs will be added constantly. Sleep visualization and meditation will keep you free from your daily life pressure. You don’t need to have any kind of equipment. Just follow the instructions, and you will get the result.
- There will be daily workout videos from famous brands to train you from beginner to advanced.
- Whether you are vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten-free, vegan, or regular, you can get healthy recipes can adjust servings.
- You can keep track of your workouts, active energy, and heart rate.
- The achievements are saved in the library; you can take selfies after completing a program and share them with others.
- Expert tips and techniques will help you with better fitness planning.
Pros: This will provide you with Chris Hemsworth’s favorite exercise and fitness plan. Luke Zocchi, the personal trainer of him, will guide you here.
Cons: Some of the users have problems with the auto-renewal functions of this app.
13. Fooducate – eat better coach
You don’t need to have a lot of equipment to be fit as long as you have Fooducate that helps you eat better and be a perfect fitness coach for you. Foods and drinks you take will be logged so that the app can suggest better and healthy options. Just simply set the goal for your desired weight loss and follow this fitness app’s instructions for iPhone. It will provide you an effective exercise plan and diet chart. Let’s see how it will work.
- You can check your food intake, exercise, calorie quality, hunger levels, the nutritional value of your recipes, etc.
- This app can be personalized according to gender, age, weight, height, health condition, activity level, dietary goals.
- It reveals the artificial sweeteners, added sugars, and fats, controversial food colors of any product by analyzing the barcode.
- Weight loss suggestions, health and diet tips, motivational support from professionals are totally free.
- If you have exercise, meal, or sleep data on any other app, you can transform them here.
Pros: This exciting health app for iPhone provides a specific diet for keto, low carb, military diet, and so on. Besides, it provides diet plans and tips for different physical disorders like diabetes, heart and kidney diseases, etc.
Cons: You might face problems related to the small size database of this app. Plus, the Synchronizing function is not very stable here.
14. 8fit Workouts and Meal Planner
You can now be your own trainer at home just by following 8fit Workouts and Meal Planner. It will take 15-20 minutes to go through the plan in the Fitness apps for iPhone. Moreover, it is available in different languages like English, German, Spanish, Italian, etc.
You will get to learn techniques and get suggestions from the experts. Delicious recipes using healthy ingredients are given to fulfill your target. Want to learn more? Here, you will get more info about this app.
- This fitness app for iPhone will customize meal plans and workouts after determining your fitness level, dietary preference, and wellness goal.
- Healthy meals will be suggested to you for fat loss and carb control.
- Diet filters are available like paleo, vegetarian, vegan, etc. You can choose exclusions such as soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free.
- Workouts, training, bodyweight exercises are explained in detail with interactive videos.
- For proper meal planning, a grocery shopping list will be provided.
Pros: This app is designed with a very user-friendly UI. Plus, This app will filter your food habits like paleo, vegetarian, vegan, etc., and provide a diet plan accordingly.
Cons: It is not recommended for those who wish to gain weight. Besides, it is comparatively an expensive app.
15. Find What Feels Good
Although it is tough to imagine fitness training without a gym, Find What Feels Good can be an excellent and effective solution. You will get access to a global community to find help. The guest instructors will add up more influence to your daily practice.
You can ask whatever you want to know about fitness and health and get answered by experts from different places. You will get tons of fitness tips and diet plans too. Let’s check out other features of these Fitness apps for iPhone.
- There are more than 700 videos on meditation and yoga, both online and offline.
- The app has a built-in calendar where you can set reminders for your practice time.
- You can simply filter the videos you are looking for in the library section.
- Any instruction video that you want to keep in your collection can be downloaded easily.
- In the favorite section, you can add your favorite videos, and the videos you want to practice further can be added to the watch later option.
Pros: Both the monthly and yearly subscription system is available in this great fitness app. Plus, This app provides a secret fitness plan for the famous actor Adriene Mishler.
Cons: Some users have found it complicated to log in and complete the payment system.
16. Fitbit Coach
People who can’t continue going to the gym regularly can easily live a healthy lifestyle through the guidance of Fitbit Coach. Now, you don’t have to worry because whether you are at your workplace or your home, you can maintain a perfect workout routine of at least 7 to 60 minutes.
The personalized video will be there based on your regular activity and keep you on the right track. So, why not check some other advantages that will definitely convince you to get this app.
- You will be offered numerous workouts based on the calories in your different body parts.
- The app adds new workout plans and demos to help you try to be active, cheerful, and fresh.
- Along with Fitbit Radio, you can choose your genre of music to motivate yourself.
- You will get this app available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Through the health dashboard, you can make a record of your burned calories and workouts.
Pros: You can use this app for both gaining weights, losing weight, and gaining muscle. Also, you can customize your diet plan according to tips you will get from this app.
Cons: Once the users buy the subscription to this app, there is no cancellation option to get a refund. Plus, you cannot use this app without a stable internet connection.
17. Onyx: Home Workout
Do you want to keep yourself active and fit without using any equipment? Onyx has come with many advanced health and fitness-related instructions that will keep you on the right track. Under the guidance of the great fitness app for iPhone, you can do a great workout anytime, and it won’t cost a single Penny.
Measuring your calories, you will be dedicated to hundreds of exercises like bend lower, jump higher, straighten back, run and walk, etc. Check some more details right below to adjust your fitness goal.
- The app leads to keep you active with weekly plans to fulfill your fitness level.
- An advanced artificial intelligence will convince you that you are doing exercise under the first Al personal trainer.
- A leaderboard will be there so that you can motivate yourself by competing with your friends.
- Through Apple Health, you can keep a record of all your workouts and rings data.
- You can be connected with your friends and continue exercising with them. You will get the achievement list where you can see your friend’s improvement too.
Pros: It will count your exercise time and keep records to provide you the exact result. Besides, you can use it on any iOS device and synchronize it to other devices very easily.
Cons: The calibration system of this app is not very stable for this app.
18. JEFIT Workout Planner Gym Log
JEFIT Workout Planner Gym Log is here to be your best bodybuilding and workout trainer. You will be trained to improve bodybuilding, powerlifting, weight lifting, muscle building, and much more. The app will also let you choose your workout routine to carry on your training and fitness plan.
No other fitness app for Apple Watch will give you such a customizing option for your favorite exercise. As the best free workout app for the iPhone, it will serve you the best. But you have to pay for the premium subscription too.
- The app will provide muscle building and weight lifting exercises to carry on your training.
- You can track your daily record for each workout.
- There will be detailed instructions and animated clips to remove your confusion.
- The app will offer more than 1300 exercises, and based on your body weight, and you can choose your preferred one.
- Cardio and strength training exercises will be available in this app.
- You can share your progress through social media like Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.
Pros: You can Synchronize this app to the Apple Health app and track your fitness program too. A very friendly UI is there to ensure a better user experience.
Cons: Sometimes, the previous logs can vanish for no reason. Besides, some users have found the function awful.
19. Jillian Michaels Fitness App
Jillian Michaels Fitness app is here to be your best diet planner, calorie encounter, and fitness advisor. Diet is a major part of keeping your body active and fit, so advanced meal planners will be there to guide you. The effective fitness app for Apple Watch will let you customize your recipes with healthy ingredients and lose weight and muscle gain. No other fitness apps will be this friendly for a beginner. Because it will guide you according to your body weight, structure, goal weight, and situation.
- The app gives a wide option of more than 800 exercises with multiple video programs.
- You can customize your exercise by measuring your different body parts like Yoga, Ab workout, and more.
- There’s no strict option to choose exercise equipment, but you can use your available one.
- To motivate yourself while training, you can play your preferable music.
- The app will give you targeted workout time like 10, 20, 30, or 45 minutes measuring your body parts.
Pros: You can use this app not just on the iPhone but also on iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Besides, this app will provide you the secret fitness of the famous actress, Jillian Michael.
Cons: Very few users have found this app with bugs and function issues.
20. Keelo – Strength HIIT Workouts
If you want to have the most effective strength training, then Keelo, the Strength HIIT Workouts will help you achieve your goal. And today, it is our last recommendation as to the best free workout app for iPhone. However, this app will offer a combined program of both strength and cardio systems by measuring your body weight.
In that way, you can make an advance move to work on your central nervous, cardiovascular, and metabolic system. Furthermore, if you have any inquiries to ask any question, then chat frequently with your coach through the app. Let’s check some more information right below.
- The app provides HD instructional video to make your workouts worthy.
- You can collect all the data of your heart rates through an Apple Watch.
- If you do not have any gym equipment, then you will be offered alternative workouts.
- By following all the fitness suggestions, you can boost your stamina and strength without being stressed.
- A leaderboard will be there, and you can compare your improvement with your friend in a peer group.
- You will never get bored with the workout option because new workouts are added constantly.
Pros: This app will send you free fitness coaching through email. Plus, it is completely free to use and install.
Cons: Sometimes, you might find problems related to the Apple Watch connection.
You have already met 20 versatile health apps for iPhone full of exciting and effective features. But there are 20 apps, and so you can be confused as usual. Don’t worry; I forget to inform you about our final recommendations to help you find the appropriate one for you so easily.
If you have no particular features and prefer the fitness app’s effectiveness, then I will recommend Myfitnesspal, Strava, and Fitocracy. If you love to follow celebrities’ diet plan, then nothing will bit Centr, by Chris Hemsworth and Jillian Michaels Fitness App. To try the best free workout app for iPhone, you should try Keelo.
You don’t have a healthy body; you cannot ever have a happy life. That’s why people say that health is wealth. And maintaining a better fitness and diet plan is the best way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. All these 20 fitness apps for the iPhone are quite effective and compatible.
There is no way any app from this app can disappoint you. However, if you have any questions about this topic, you can let us know in the comment section. Plus, you can share this content with your friends whom you think need to learn about these apps. Thank you a thousand folds for staying with us.